Easy DIY | Painted Dollar Store Wine Rack

Sometimes it's the smallest, easiest, and cheapest of projects that can bring the most joy.

Take this wine rack par exemple.


I found this beauty for $1.50 at an independent dollar store a couple of years ago (shocking that it's not Dollorama, hey?). As soon as I spotted it, I appreciated the simple design. It was painted black wood, with rope at both the top and the bottom (I removed the bottom rope before painting in the photo above). 

I am now kicking myself for not buying every single one they carried- you honestly couldn't make this thing for even close to what it cost to buy.



I used it as is in our previous home, and when we moved, I stashed it away as I didn't know what to do with it.

I finally decided to give it a little new life and whipped out my one dolla Martha Stewart paint samples. I mixed my own blend of Arucuan Teal and Sea Glass to find a medium tone that I loved.


Easy switch up, but the colour makes me happy! Add in a few bottles of Christian Lacroix Evian water I bought at Homesense a while back, and for a few bucks I've got a snazzy looking accessory for my buffet.



I love the way that sunlight filters through the bottles. So pretty.

Any easy switch ups you've done lately that have made a big impact?

Comments

  1. Love the colour, those awesome water glasses and the peek of (what looks like) that sunburst mirror!!! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunburst mirror has been there for a while, but you're right- might be time to post a new photo and update on the buffet vignette in the dining room! :)

      Delete
  2. PERFECT use for it, and I love the new colo(u)r!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darlin! And for throwing the "u" in their for us Canadians, hehe!

      Delete
  3. $1.50 - what a deal and I love it in the turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute!! I am a sucker for anything aqua, and that color is just lovely!! Now I'm going to be searching around my house all day looking for something to aqua-fy, haha! Awesome makeover -- thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Casey! I am as well. Aqua makes my heart happy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! You made my day :)

Popular Posts